Return to Website

***TINY PALS***
Pet Forum

*ELLIOTTHAUS*
is for ANIMAL WELFARE!
Are You Aware Of The Difference Between
"ANIMAL RIGHTS" & "ANIMAL WELFARE"?
Are you ready or will your children be ready for a future without pets?
Please post your feelings!

***TINY PALS***
Pet Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ANIMALS

I know what you mean about the animal not knowing more than the world around it, like a lab rat being kept in a glass cage since it was born, being handled everyday then being released into the wild. It would more likly get scared and run up the arm of the person trying to release it! It would starve or die of a panic attack because it's not used of the sounds around it.

'Animals are being treated better now than they have ever been.'

That is partly true with easy access to a vet and lots of information about how to keep animals healthy, including more and more people keeping rabbits as in door pets.

But when my grandfather was in his 20's every chicken you brought you knew it came from your local farmer and was freeranged as there was no other way. Now we get our chickens from abroad or somewhere in the country and it could've been crawling on it's wings through mess and pee because it's been pumped with hormone growths and/or just bred to be fat and it's legs has buckled from under them.

'Take cat owners for instance, why do some let there cats run at large?'

I own a cat and if i lived close to a main road then I wouldn't let him out(he's been spayed too). He doesn't go far or long and he's usually kept in by dark. We only let him out because our dog goes out the back so why not the cat? I know there are some cat owners who gets a cat then doesn't bother with them except feeding it and the occasional stroke. I don't see the point in getting a cat in that case. If at any point we can't find him he's usually indoors anyway. I don't treat any of my animals as babies like some,(I hate it when I see a dog being carried in a bag, dressed up, Can't it walk? wouldn't it purfer to do so?) they are not toys or children BUT they are family members(to me anyway).

Re: Re: ANIMALS

Your grandpa is right ! That is the wey it WAS. & that is the way it should be. Here in Canada it is against the law for a farmer to sell fresh meat to the public. Since time began it was the way of life, now it is illegal!You can only buy from a supermarket or a big government outfit, God help you if your caught selling someone a good "REAL" chicken!

The chickens we have to buy fron Swiss Shalet or the Kernnel are less than 6 weeks old & tastless. But what can you do?

They blame the small time farmer for spreading saminella but its the big packing plants that do spread it!

90% of Canadians havent a clue as to what is really going on the little guy cant sell what he grows to the public anymore so guess what? no more free range chickens! why grow em if you cant sell em!A free range farmer can not compete with the new "chicken factorys" that mass produce them.Our small farms are being distroyed by the thousands and the future is grim! & the animal rights activists are still pushing for more-more-more! Its allways the little guy who gets hit the hardest & cant do anything to fight them.The activists are happy because they ruened another life, more of the only people on this planet that care enough about the human race to wast there time in this short life to try & feed them! Are GONE! They are the ones that feed the activists! Things are pretty screwed up if you ask me!

If the activists were really what they say thay are they should all be just about dead by now!

What are they eating anyway? & where do they get it?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I know what you mean about the animal not knowing more than the world around it, like a lab rat being kept in a glass cage since it was born, being handled everyday then being released into the wild. It would more likly get scared and run up the arm of the person trying to release it! It would starve or die of a panic attack because it's not used of the sounds around it.

'Animals are being treated better now than they have ever been.'

That is partly true with easy access to a vet and lots of information about how to keep animals healthy, including more and more people keeping rabbits as in door pets.

But when my grandfather was in his 20's every chicken you brought you knew it came from your local farmer and was freeranged as there was no other way. Now we get our chickens from abroad or somewhere in the country and it could've been crawling on it's wings through mess and pee because it's been pumped with hormone growths and/or just bred to be fat and it's legs has buckled from under them.

'Take cat owners for instance, why do some let there cats run at large?'

I own a cat and if i lived close to a main road then I wouldn't let him out(he's been spayed too). He doesn't go far or long and he's usually kept in by dark. We only let him out because our dog goes out the back so why not the cat? I know there are some cat owners who gets a cat then doesn't bother with them except feeding it and the occasional stroke. I don't see the point in getting a cat in that case. If at any point we can't find him he's usually indoors anyway. I don't treat any of my animals as babies like some,(I hate it when I see a dog being carried in a bag, dressed up, Can't it walk? wouldn't it purfer to do so?) they are not toys or children BUT they are family members(to me anyway).

Re: Re: Re: ANIMALS

I agree that all animals bred for meat should be free range and that traditional farm methods are dying out because of big business.This is a shame, because profit has gotten in the way of animal welfare and we are heading on a downward spiral to destruction. If our children and grandchildren are being taught that all living creatures have been provided for mankind's gain then we will soon have a race of selfish monsters.I am vegetarian, but I have nothing against meat eaters at all. I just wish that the human race as a whole would realise that animals should be treated with respect and that if we're going to eat them that they should be cared for in the traditional way e.g traditional farmers should be allowed to provide free-range, healthy animals at a price that ensures their survival, rather than battery farmers making millions out of a living souls misery.At least then there wouldn't be as many wasted lives as we would not take our meat for granted becuse the supply would be better controlled and more limited.