Laura's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Forum: Laura's Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
wolf sighting near nutrioso

hi, my name is jeannie myers. i am a fairly recent member of the alliance. carolyn requested that i tell my story to you of the wolf sighting. it is as follows: at the end of august '06 i took a ride up towards willow creek to take a look at the burn. i stopped at the south fork negrito creek to rest and enjoy the scenery. i observed a couple of buzzards up the creek a ways, so i walked up to take a look. they were eating on what remained of a deer carcass. i left and headed towards the burn only to find the road closed to thru traffic. i returned back towards Reserve. on the way back, about 8:30 pm, ( i looked at my watch )i came upon an animal on a small bluff above the road. this was just above negrito creek. it was already dark. i stopped my vehicle to observe a collared mexican grey wolf. it appeared to be a very healthy male. keep in mind, the deer carcass i saw earlier was only a short distance away. i honked my horn. the wolf stood his ground for 3 to 4 mins. just glaring at me. i finally drove off, leaving the wolf still standing there. i didn't see any others. there are plenty of range cows in that area to eat that i saw grazing earlier in the day. thinking about it later, it was rather spooky. what if i had not been in a vehicle at the time of the sighting? the wolf is not afraid of man because he's been raised and nurtured by man. end of story.....hope this helps, jeannie myers

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Free Web Tools 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com