Return to Website

MJ's Anarchy Live Forum

Express yourself here. Make your thoughts, experiences, unfair social indignities and anything else that pisses you off about society, heard and visible for all the world to see on this forum.

MJ's Anarchy Live Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Are people stupefied?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not calling people stupid. I'm calling them stupefied. I see them everywhere. These shoe-gazer "grown-ups" who take their existence on this planet so seriously. Yes, with them, the occasional joke is OK, but madcap humour in the middle of what should be the expected response to a simple question or situation? Personally, I'm just trying to brighten up the boring grey structure of the concrete society around us all. But I don't expect that kind of response (he's a puff, a twat, an idiot). Then I explain the joke, and they stare at me saying "How is anyone supposed to understand that kind of exaggerated humour/observation?". But they don't say anything because they have already realised at this point that I'm a bit brighter than the "average Joe", and they don't want to embarrass themselves, but want to leave the impression in their own mind that I'm mad. It never dawns on them that I'm just braver than the average conditioned citizen, or that I'm trying to cheer them up. I regard them as dumbed down through fear of any other person's judgement of them. Their only release from this paranoia prison is loss of inhibition from getting pissed (imbibement of poison). Stupefied, not necessarily stupid. And they have the gall to tell me to "Cheer up, it will never happen". Well, it ain't gonna happen for you lot, no, no way. Snap out of your conditioned trances, unless you can genuinely tell me that the pleasure in your tummy is too much to let go of this trance, 'cos sometimes I get like that, and then they say, "Cheer up, it will never happen"! I recommend you visit http://www.jacobsm.com/thoughts.htm http://www.jacobsm.com/anarchy.htm and http://www.jacobsm.com/telepathy.htm just to kick off with.

Re: Are people stupefied?

People are not stupid. But here I refer only to the ability to mechanically connect information intelligence. As Erich Fromm argued, modern man has manipulating intellect, but is without reason, awareness, creativity and imagination. he cannoot penetrate the "surface" of things, events, structures, societies. He is an automaton. Cronically anxious, he tries to overcome the feelings of emptiness by being a sadist, masochist, destructive, conformist etc. But aside from that, his higher mind is dead.

Re: Re: Are people stupefied?

What a fantastic reply! Could I quote it on my forum page at http://www.jacobsm.com? You're so right in your observations and it strikes me that this drubbing down of mankind's imaginative and inquisitive spirit has been occurring relentlessly for years, ever since the population reached a certain level and communication of that fact had become global and almost instantaneous (the telegraph and so on). People could then justifiably say that they were unimportant and get away with an air of being "realistic". Basically, they are blaming the presence of everyone around them, for their own conditioned shortcomings. The simple solution is to undo your own conditioning by simply becoming aware of it in an honest light.

Re: Re: Re: Are people stupefied?

I would not say that it strikes me. I mean, it is really not surprising that society which is based on hierarchy, exploitation, competition, psychic violence, discrimination (racism, sexism, ageism) and sexual repression, uses various means to anesthetise human awareness of suffering inflicted by all these "practices". Among these means are shooling system (the most important, because it identifies knowledge with coercion and domination, worst of psychic pains), church, Tv programs, radio, press, computer and playstation games, alcohol, drugs, Mc**** food, marketing, posters.. It seems like every piece of system has its own role in maintaining of the whole. This is amazing. Certainly, all this is not invention, is not planned by some monsters on the top. It came spontaneously, probably from human unconscious, as a result of repressed drives, capacities and positive strivings. As Yoda said in the "Star wars", "Once you step on a dark path, forever it will dominate your destiny" It is obvious that civilisations "journey" started long time ago.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Are people stupefied?

I forgot. Of course you can quote my previous post.