Return to Website

Harpo Tribute Page Message Board

Hello everyone! Welcome to the message board, honk honk!!!!

Harpo Tribute Page Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A younger fan...

Hi! I came across this site not too long ago and it's really cool! I'm guessing I'm one of the few 17-year-old girls in this country who's crazy about the Marx brothers, especially Harpo, but it's true. I first heard about Harpo sometime last year, when I watched the "I love lucy" episode he appeared in, which was hilarious. And so my mom thought we (me & my siblings) might like to see a Marx brothers movie. I have to admit, when I first popped "A night at the opera" into the VCR, I thought it looked pretty boring, not to mention too 'out of date' for someone like me to enjoy. But it is seriously the funniest movie I have EVER seen! They just don't make movies like that anymore. Sadly, it's going back to the library tomorrow, but I will definitely be buying it when it comes out on dvd! And now that I'm crazy about Harpo, I'll try to get his book, and some more of their movies when I can. Thanks again for making this site, I love it! Especially the voice recordings!
*Laura*

Re: A younger fan...

I'm 17 as well and BIG fan of the Marx Bros.
I too have seen the episode of I love Lucy with Harpo. It's soooo funny! I love the faces he makes

Re: A younger fan...

wow, laura... we have something in common! I'm 16, and yes, you're right... i don't think many of us teenagers care about the Marx bros. But now, just recently, I too have fallen in love with them. I first rented Night at The Opera! Holy cow, I have never laughed like that in my life. It was absolutely fantastic. The only difference between you and me is that Groucho's my favorite . They're all great!