The Creek Freedmen Forum

"Every Muscogee citizen, whether his skin is red, white or black, has equal rights and privileges in this (Creek) Nation. Even the most abject, poor and ignorant is entitled to equal consideration with the most distinguished, rich and learned at the hands of our officers." Isparhecher

Forum: The Creek Freedmen Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
OHS Partnership Bring Forth "New Records"

I am posting my voice on this forum because of not being allowed to from which the subject was posted.

My understanding is this information has been available for sometime. You just have to know how to find it.

The recent findings does not change the attitude of the tribes that enslaved Blacks. The descendants of freedmen ancestors in the five civilized tribes were kicked out. This new information that is found for our ancestors in Ancestry to me only deepens our hurt, especially mine.

Money is being made by people just for providing this information (writing books, etc.), but still the descendants of freedmen are left out of their ancestor's tribe.

The story of the freedmen (slaves) was horrible as you read about how they were treated in the Pioneer Indian Papers. The tribes show no shame nor remorse and just want to forget they enslaved Blacks. The tribes have learned the White man's ways, greed, looking for money any means necessary (elimination of the freedmen).

I really appreciate Marilyn Vann for coming forth on YouTube and informing people about the truth of the Seminole and Creek freedmen.

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Free Web Tools