The Creek Freedmen Forum

"Every Muscogee citizen, whether his skin is red, white or black, has equal rights and privileges in this (Creek) Nation. Even the most abject, poor and ignorant is entitled to equal consideration with the most distinguished, rich and learned at the hands of our officers." Isparhecher

The Creek Freedmen Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Creek Freedmen Lawsuit

Hensci All,
A lawsuit has been filed against the Creek Nation in the District of Columbia for 1966 treaty violation against the Creek Freedmen. Our rights to citizenship were taken away inviolating of the treaty.

A number of Freedmen have signed on and are participation in this effort. The lawsuit can be amended to add your name to this historical document.

A vast number of Creek Freedmen are needed to accomplish of task(s). There are Freedmen located all over the U.S. and they need to know about the lawsuit to regain their citizenship.

You assistance and help is dearly needed. Your reposne to this e-mail will be deeply appreciated.

Mvto,
Allen

Re: Creek Freedmen Lawsuit

The correct treaty date is 1866 rather than 1966.

Allen Mitchell is to be congratulated. This action is a 100 years overdue in being corrected. The Muscogee Creek Nation was once all embracing of those who loved Creek language and culture. Strangers came to our Indian Territory bringing both discord and suspicion to divide us. The truth is, we are all connected. It is beautiful. It is funny and it is time to make our ancestors smile (in the cosmos) by standing together before the Great Oak in Tulsa. I hope the courts will move quickly on this.
Mvto!

Were do you sign. Up and who is involved. I live in cali

Hi Denise,
Thanks for responding to the message. Very shortly, a meeting will be held in the city of Industry. I do not know where you live but I hope you will be able to attend.

PLease e-mail me at amitch1736@aol.com.

Mvto,
Allen

add me to the list

Is this still an on going process. I would like to add my family to the lawsuit as descendants of the Creek Freedman. My grandfather was born on the Reservation in Oklahoma and was not able to be enrolled in 1916.

Hello,
I'd like to be put on the list for this if it's still going. Both my Grandfather's parents are Creek Freedmen and listed on the rolls. bigrivergroup (at) gmail.
Thanks
Mark

Hello,
We would like to sign on. What is the status of this?

How are you kinfolk this is john Johnson Rev Clinton Johnson now deceased out of Checotah desendants of Gertrude Stidham on creek freedmen roll.I am now known as Khalif Jamal Bey El Amin and I was trying to find out the status on the lawsuit.

Hello. I am Lashandra Robertson-Griggs. Decendant of Tom Stidham and Pricilla Green. They are my grandfather's a great grand parents. Matilda Stidham married my great grandfather Leroy Robertson. Abraham Stidham and Matilda Stidham were siblings. He is my grandfather's uncle (uncle Abe) My grandfather is Rayfield Robertson. HE STILL RESIDES HERE IN CHECOTAH. I was just trying to see if we are of any relation. Did Rev. CLINTON LIVE IN PIERCE?
SHANGRIGGS@ICLOUD.COM

Hello, I am Lashandra Robertson-Griggs. I was wondering if you heard anything more on the lawsuit?.

Yes we my are, me and mike robertson are cusins. he has passed on now.peace be on him.ask his father rayfield. ask him what happen to lizzie fife-green, silla's mother.

My name is Vernice Arnold my Family name is Marshall. We are of creek and Cherokee desent though we're told that we are only freedman. Only because black familiesfamilies were not allowed to be on the roils and only on the Daws rolls. from Muskogee Oklahoma my family owned majority of6 what is now Eufaula lake and some of the surrounding area. My family refused to sell their land and was then flooded off of it. Some died and some lived on. But none was ever paid by the tribe nor government for the land. Though the tribe of Creek Nation was. So yes I would like to join this lawsuit against the tribe of Creek Nation.