Return to Website

Non Resident Mums Australia

Online Support Group for mums without their children

Non Resident Mums Australia
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Has anyone got custody of there child after there ex has not followed the orders.

Hi i have a eight year old daughter who lives with her dad. It was not by choice after 3 years of going in and out of courts after I left him for abusing me my ex wanted to hurt me the most by going for full custody,I reluctantly relinqushed my daughter to him after 3 years. At the time I had a twenty thousand dollar debt from the court and lawyer fees was feeling like i was going mad had no family support because they all lived in Vic and so over the fighting knew my ex would never give up just keep taking me through the courts, But i always vowed that one day i would get her back. I do see her for xmas and easter i used to be able to take her for a ski trip to Mt Buller each year but this year he put a stop to it. Says that School is more important than seeing me and my family. I call my daughter every second day she use to be ok with it but since easter this year she tell me she does not want to talk to me. I think it might have something to do with her saying to her dad that she wants to live with me. Anyway i am always just battleiing to see her as if things do not suit my ex he makes it hard. Anyway i was wondering has anyone been to court and got custody of there child after there ex was proven to not have there childs best interest at heart? Because i am ready for battle again. I now live in W.A have a wonderful man in my life who my daughter adors have got rid of my debt and found my inner power. It is nice to know that other woman are in the same situation it seems that MEN have all the support in the world but not the silent woman who aganise every day and sometime many nights thinking about there child or children that they can not hold. We remain silent. Maybe we need to start making a stand how many woman will just stand by and let this keep on going? Not me i am going to stand up for my rights as a woman within my power and as a mother. My blessing are with you love and light