Non Resident Mums Australia

Online Support Group for mums without their children

Non Resident Mums Australia
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: mothers in distress??????????????

Hi Lisa...I check this board everyday just in case someone posts and today is the lucky day!. .They are mostly male orientated groups because its mainly men that have lost physical custody. I think mums who lose their kids feel so much guilt and shame that at one workplace I never told anyone that I didn't have residency. My new work is great though.hope to see soem more posts here.!

Re: mothers in distress??????????????

You had no idea that the ad was targeting fathers ?

Unfortunately because courts favor mothers over fathers in custody disputes, mothers who lose custody are seen as having some defect of character.... Why else would a court give custody to the father ?

Every court is seen by fathers and mothers alike when a decision doesnt go their way..... If you truly believe an injustice was served upon you, get your evidence together and fight for your kids.

Re: mothers in distress???we're out here

Hi, Ive been trawled through a 3 year battle still going. 2 and a half years to get into court for trial and he has had custody while waiting. In the meantime though and at age 34 I got into law at uni - 3 year degree. And a professor who is a lawyer has represented me for free even though legal aid declined. If there is anyone in need I would recommend him - he's in Sydney. He doesnt mind all the embarassing bits of the case, doesnt believe the spin that the othe side puts on.
Anyway, the other option is, do a law degree so this stops. Mothers should be able to feel safe n their role as Mums just like a man does in his career. A man has almost his whole life to have children, our time is limited and precious. lleini@hotmail.com