Return to Website

Non Resident Mums Australia

Online Support Group for mums without their children

Non Resident Mums Australia
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hello - is there anybody out there?

I have been frantically googling for a while now searching for a site that catered to non-customdial mums. If I were male I could choose from a multitude of support groups. I have yet to stumble across any other women in my position in real life. Is there anyone in the Brisbane area who may wish to get together for coffee and a chat. Please reply on this message board.

Re: Hello - is there anybody out there?

Hi Jane

Unfortunatey i do not live in brisbane, nor queensland for that matter, however i wanted to reply to tell you that you are not alone. I have marvelled for the past four years that if i was male i could choose from a hundred support groups. We have all lost years of our childrens lives and nothing on this earth could make it up to us. We live with a pain so deep it is sometimes crippling and on top of that we must endure other peoples judgements that we must be bad mothers .. and just for added fun my ex husband always ensures that my children are dropped off late on mothers day, after his current wife has Her mothers day lunch. If i had to take a guess as to why these boards are empty, maybe its just too painful to talk about. I know i cried before i wrote this.

Re: Re: Hello - is there anybody out there?

That also goes for you Fergi and any other woman out there.

Re: Hello - is there anybody out there?

Hello, Jane, I am a non-custodial mother who lives in Brisbane. I am sane, with my head squarely on my shoulders. I too have been looking for the Australian version of non-custodial mothers and would definitely be up for a chat. I am about to give a paper at a conference soon actually on this issue. I hope that this gets to you. My phone contact is 0423 106 883 Regards, Cathy.