Return to Website

Non Resident Mums Australia

Online Support Group for mums without their children

Non Resident Mums Australia
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need help re son's changing school and not using his real name.

Hi

I am a non-resident mum. As for why I am a non resident mum, it is not his father, but one of my biological relatives who did this to me.

This year, my son changed primary schools. Outside of Famil Court Orders and my knowledge. This is the third since he commenced Prep in 2003. I was able to find out what school he was at, by simple deduction, with the help of a friend, and checked that the teachers, who were listed on the "school report" were actually teaching at this particular outer eastern Melbourne Primary School. The teachers were, but my son...well, that is another story. He is not listed by his birth name. There has been no change of name that I have agreed to. His old school, the education dept of Victoria (Eastern Region), and his new school have clammed up.

What can count as "new circumstances" for the Famliy Court? The woman who has custody of him, is a real problem. She is a pathological liar, and the authorities gullably believe him. She is also possibly a substance abuser, and is definately a gambler. She has convinced my son that she is his mother, and she is a perpitrator of Domestic Violence. She could have been involved in the murder of her ex-husband, who is also an alleged criminal, as he has dissappeared off all governmetn radar.

What do I do? I am to report to Births Deaths and Marriages tomorrow, after obtaining the court orders, both the second last set and the current set, which I have been trying to obtain for over 12 months. I am to discuss the issue with Births Deaths and Marriages. I had to have my id photocopied and signed off by a local police officer.

Joanne Fletcher

Re: Need help re son's changing school and not using his real name.

I hope you read this Joanne. I just wanted to tell you, you are NOT alone! I know exactly what it feels like for your children to argue with you about whether or not you actually gave birth to them! I know exactly what it feels like to have a drug addict, pathological lying schizophrenic criminal raising your children and you being helpless to do anything. I know what it is like to have your surname erased from the children's memory and to have them enrolled under an incorrect name. I know what it's like to have your children moved from pillar to post, put into 9 schools in 6 years and for the courts to do nothing about it no matter how many times you go back! Let me know how you went at the births, deaths & marriages dept, it would be interesting to know if they are any better than the rest!

Big hug
Felicity