Online Support Group for mums without their children

Non Resident Mums Australia
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: non resident mum

Hello

Don't know if your'e still around as it is a little while since your message. I tried this site a while ago with no luck and have found an American website but would much rather to have contact with other Australians in my position. To answer your question, I really don't know as I have never met anyone in my position so it has been a long lonely road. Shame and guilt yes. Unfortunately society accepts non custodial dads but as soon as a woman is in the same position there just has to be something wrong with her!!! She must have been a terrible mother, how could she have left her children? The horrible stigma. Unfortunately sympathy is only for fathers. Mothers carry a terrible stigma and yes I have walked with my head down and am so sick of socially trying to explain my situation to others who just don't understand or who are so quick to have an opinion about something they know absolutely nothing about. I'd love to hear back from anyone in Aus and I need to talk after 6 plus years alone. I look forward to hearing your stories also.

Re: Re: non resident mum

bugger, another one hay? I am one too. I'm not expecting a reply as you posted earlier in the year.

However, it would be nice to talk. Its been 5 years now and this is the 1st time i tried sourcing on the net.

I think its time.

Hope you are doing well

Re: Re: Re: non resident mum

Hello again

Just checked back in after a while and found some replies which is great to see.Austrlia needs this forum so I hope we can get some life in here.hugs:)