Return to Website

Non Resident Mums Australia

Online Support Group for mums without their children

Non Resident Mums Australia
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fighting the system

Hi All....I am currently going thru the legal process.and now find myself representing myself...Yet it is all so daunting and draining...I don't know how long I can go on...See I don't think it will ever be over...because he (ex) will always be there...smug looks..putting me down...alienating my children like he has this past six years the children have been with me and still are. 12 mths ago I allowed my son to go to him because he was so difficult for me to handle...never realising that this was exactly what he was wanting me to do...I did it because I thought my son needed his dad.....but instead he has become more difficult and more alientated towards me....I'm scared..my girls now when ever I ask them to do something or what ever its always "Well, I'm going to live with Dad"..what am I fighting for I ask myself...I am a sole parent on a pension and have already borrowed 2000.00 to start the legal fight...but now my funds are dry the solicitor who said she would continue to represent me if I nominate her for legal aid and forward the forms to her which I did....has not returned my calls as legal aid have no knowledge of my application and it is now 16 days since the last court hearing and it needed to be down within 14 days....geez!!!!!! in the back of my mind I know all I have to do is say ok, yes you can have the girls...and he'll back off...but only to a point I know.....it just all seems to much.

Help!!!!!!!!

Re: Fighting the system

Shaz,
I wish I had found this site months ago! You sound like you are at the same crossroads I was at nearly 4 years ago. You are so right in thinking that you can't give up the fight. I made the mistake and gave my four kids to their father (2 boys 2 girls). It went bad right from the start with him trying to deny me the contact he promised, and over the next 6 months I ran up a $10,000 solicitor bill while unemployed, in an effort to get them back. My solicitor told me he couldn't represent me at the final hearing as I had only paid him $2,500! I was terrified to represent myself at a trial and knew it was hopeless, so I settled out of court and let the father keep the children. He & the bi*%&# he ran off with, are now raising my children, and denying me as much contact as they feel they can get away with. They are slowly but surely turning the children against me. So please don't give up the fight for your girls! I know it's excruciating, but you CAN do it!! (P.S. Legal Aid took from April to September just to tell me they couldn't get a reply from the Father, and therefore I couldn't have a Legal Aid Conference, so be extremely patient or die of frustration - your choice!!)