1. Run a bath with a few drops of essential oil, such as lavender, to soothe aching muscles.
2. Drink a cup of green tea, which contains polyphenols, a powerful antioxidant. #
3. Breathe in evenly through your nose, letting your abdomen expand. Breathe out slowly and evenly through your mouth, taking about twice as long as you did to inhale.
4. Mix together salt and olive oil; rub into your feet and rinse well for a natural foot scrub. Follow with a massage.
5. Take a deep breath and laugh your guts out. Laughter yoga can make you happier – and healthier.
6. Visualize a beach vacation: pour a little sand or place a few pebbles into shells, pop in a scented tea light and switch off the electricity.
7. Take the time to do something you enjoy, whether it’s reading the newspaper, taking a class or calling a friend.
8. Take a lunch break; don’t just keep working while you scarf down a bagel with cheese at your desk. Read a novel, take a walk or try a new restaurant.
9. Play your favorite music; classical music especially makes for excellent stress relief.
10. Bust out the moves – dancing is fun, and it makes for a good workout, too.
Courtesy Jephter Njoku