For early years resources on-line, including Puppets, Sticky Kids and Insect Lore visit Under5s Online Store

Under5s Message Forum

OUR NEW FORUM IS NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS, YOU CAN FIND IT HERE

http://under5s.co.uk/phpBB/index.php

THIS FORUM WILL BE CLOSING IN ABOUT TWO WEEKS TIME

Under5s Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Father's day

What card or present ideas are you using this year? Just wondering if there is anything more exciting than the tea pot & tea bag I have planned. All of the children in the group have a Dad.

Re: Father's day

What about a Fathers Day morning - we run this on a Saturday from 9.30 - 12 noon and dads or grand-dads or uncles come in to see the playgroup and play with the toys anytime between 9.30 and 12.00 noon. Its great to see the dads on the floor playing with the children,- using playdough, paints, etc. and its good for them to see what goes on in a preschool.

Re: Re: Father's day

What about a hug in a box! Get some small boxes and get the children to decorate them and then attatch the following poem to it-
This is a very special gift
That you can never see
The reason it's so special
It's just for you from me

Whenever you are lonely
Or are ever feeling blue
You only have to hold this gift
And know i'm huggung you.

You can never unwrap it
Please leave the ribbon tied
Just hold the box close to your heart
It's filled with hug's inside

For our babies we are foing a card with hand and foot prints on it and dating it, if it is there first fathers day

Sponge print of a car with button wheels!

The first one is the worst Narnia!!!! I shed a few tears, laid some flowers and then just concentrated on my boys and hubby on the day!!!!

yes the first of everything,the first week,month,year birthday,christmas etc thinking of you narnia

For the cards we have let the children decorate the front & back of the cards how they want to using pieces of tissue paper & glitter & on the inside of the cards we have stuck a picture of the child.

We are doing the hug in a box idea for a present.