For early years resources on-line, including Puppets, Sticky Kids and Insect Lore visit Under5s Online Store

Under5s Message Forum

OUR NEW FORUM IS NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS, YOU CAN FIND IT HERE

http://under5s.co.uk/phpBB/index.php

THIS FORUM WILL BE CLOSING IN ABOUT TWO WEEKS TIME

Under5s Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
c2 learning, appetite etc

can any one help why behaviour,learning and social interaction of children may be effected by illness and emotinal disterbance how you would meet these needs thanks ann

Re: c2 learning, appetite etc

If a child experiences illness this may mean he/she is isolated and temporarily kept away from a setting which they usually attend which will impact up on the level of interaction they have with others, this may negatively influence language development in addition to social and emotional development.
I think being ill seriously influences self esteem. I know how depressed I get when I feel under the weather!
Emotional disturbance can often lead to signs of regression, for example a child who has been toilet trained for a while may start to wet themselves again. In this situation is it crucial that the child is provided with plenty of reassurance and you are emotionally available for them to talk if they wish to do so.

Re: c2 learning, appetite etc

thaks very much for your time that was a great help thanks again ann