For early years resources on-line, including Puppets, Sticky Kids and Insect Lore visit Under5s Online Store

Under5s Message Forum

OUR NEW FORUM IS NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS, YOU CAN FIND IT HERE

http://under5s.co.uk/phpBB/index.php

THIS FORUM WILL BE CLOSING IN ABOUT TWO WEEKS TIME

Under5s Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
birth to 3 matters

Has anyone mastered their planning for Birth to 3 Matters.I have attended a two part course and to be honest i am none the wiser.i would like some ideas of how to put forward this planning alongside my other planning

Re: birth to 3 matters

Hi, not mastered birth to three planning as such, also been on a 5 day course called 'new thoughts for the very young' its a third stage course for the birth to three framework, this is what I got out of it hope it helps!
ASPECT; something that the child is/does/are.
COMPONENT; is effective practise.
DEVLOPMENT MATTERS; where the child is at.
LOOK, LISTEN, NOTE; observation what to look for.
PLANNING; routines, activities, environment.
BIRTH TO THREE- IS NOT FOR PLANNING, IT IS WHAT CHILDREN ARE LIKE.
IT IS NOT A CURRICULUM IT IS IDEAS.
This might be some help, (I don't know) but whatever planning you do it won't be wrong, I used to go into quite alot of detail on my planning, now I don't, I do a routine sheet, and a toy sheet with links to birth to three and an activity sheet like for the foundation stage but simplified and linked to birth to three! also did a bit on highscope which is why I have cut down on my 'planning'!!!

Thanks Kirsty,i did actually cut down my planning on the FS but since attending the course it just adds to the headache of planning.Thanks for your ideas, i will see how it fits in .Any more ideas of how you actually present it would be great.

Hi, do you want your foundation stage planning to link with you birth to three? if so I have a sheet that I was given at this course that you 'could' use, I will have to type it up, so it might take time I will let you know when I've typed it up and I'll send to you as an attachment, It might not be what you are looking for, but it might give you some ideas!

hi kirsty any chance i could have your email address think you maybe able to help me. Thanks

Hi, Yes just finished typing it out so its all ready!

Hi Kirsty do you think i could have a copy. Thanks

have sent you a e-mail kirsty hope you can help thanks xxx

Hi Kirsty would you mind sending me a copy as well, I've been waiting for B23 training for ages and have now been told september. Any help and ideas for linking planning has to be a bonus. Thanks xx

Hi, Anon I have sent you an email hope you get it!!
Vanden and fingerbob I have sent you an email with an attachment, thought I'd let you know because when I get emails with attachments I normally delete them without looking at them, you never know if they've got a virus attached to them!!

Thanks kirsty your a star

Hi Kirsty that would be great if you could send me anything!!!Many thanks and i will keep in touch with what happens my end .Thanks again Nicky

could I have a copy too please

Please could I have a copy too Kirsty. We are currently trying to tie birth to three into foundation stage and would appreciate any ideas on how to do this.

Hi Nicky, I have sent you that sheet, It would be great to know what you have/will learn about birth to three, I think that any information on the framework is knowledge to other people like you and myself, as not many people have been on courses for it, although saying that it sounds as if a few people will going on them!!

Thanks Kirsty for info.

Thanks for taking the time Kirsty, much appreciated,

Hi Kirsty,Its Nicky again .I am really sorry but i couldn't open my attachment on my e-mail you sent would you be kind enough to send it again,sorry!!

Hi Nicky I also had problems when i tried to open it directly from the attachment, but it opened okay when I saved it.

HiMine has totally gone now.help!!!!!!!!

Any chance you could try sending me it????thankyou

Hi just managed to find the attachments so cheers all around.Now need to get my head around it .Thanks to everyone.

Hiya!

could i please have a copy too. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeexxx

Thanks Kirstly for sending me info. through.

Could I ask for a copy to please????? Thanks in advance.

Re: Re: birth to 3 matters

could i have a copy please

could I have a copy pleeeeeeease, anything new to help us all get our head around things is grateful.

We will all get there in the end.

Thanks

could i have a copy to please

Could i please have a copy too?

thank you

Sorry but please could you send me a copy of your planning sheet too?????
Thank you!

Please could i also have a copy of the planning sheet. Many thanks

hello Kirsty,

I know you've been inundated with requests for your planning sheet but could i possibly have a copy too. We are going through an accreditation and they have been quite picky. would be most appreciated.

Claire

Hello, I have sent a copy of the sheet to all who have asked, Sorry for the delay!!!!

Thanks Kirsty, you are a star
You must have had a busy day e-mailing!!!!

Thamks Kirsty,

much appreciated.

Hi there. Pretty, pretty please could you send me a copy as well. Many thanks

Hi Kirsty... Please could I have a copy too. I'd really appreciate it. I'm trying to get my head round planning for the BTTM at the moment and could do with finding way to link to FS. Thanks alot.

Hi, i am studying towards my foundation degree in early years and am doing a research project on the birth to three matters framework. I am looking for anyone who uses or is aware of the frameork to fill in a brief questionnare for me. Id be reallly grateful for anyones email address so I can send a copy? Thanks

hiya Kirsty
would you be able to e-mail me one tooooo please xxxx thanks in advance

hello Kirsty, sorry to be a pain but is there any chance i could get a copy! thank you so much

Hi, Kate I have sent you an email, would be interested in filling in a questionnaire.
Karen, I tried to send you an email but its not letting me send it for some reason, I will keep on trying, I have put my email address on so maybe you could send me an email and I could try to reply.
Sue uk, I have sent you an email with an attachment just to let you know.

Hi, Sorry forgot to mention that I have sent an email to Alison and Evee too!

And me too PLEASE Kirsty ! I have sent you an e.mail... Many thanks for your time.

ANY CHANCE PRETTY PLEASE CANNOT GET MY HEAD AROUND THIS THANKS

Hi Kirsty,sounds like you have been in undated with sending e-mails!!!I haven't had chance to see how it will fit into my planning yet but have looked over it. It doesn't seem too bad.Has anyone worked how to do it yet from Kirsty's plans?????Would like to know how you are all getting on.

FOR KAREN: been trying to send you email of sheet but it keeps sending it back, just thought I would let you know!!

Cheers Kirsy, you are a star

Kirsty....What a big help you are....Thanks a million....Another bright STAR heading your way!

Hi please could i have a copy i am trying to get my head around birth to 3 thanks a million
Ju X

i work with 2-3 year oldsand am trying to link the birth to three with the foundation stage i believe someone on this thread has a copy of a planning sheet if so please could i have a copy i would be ever so grateful my e-mail is janetsathome@hotmail.com many thanks

we ahve been using birth to three at my setting for the past few months as well as planning sheets and curriculum plans we ahve a development chart that links to BTM which waspraised when we received our accrediatetion once you start it becomes a lot easier to use than the foundation stage

1 2